Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday

We did not close escrow yesterday like we thought we would. They have everything they need, they have our money.....all we need is for the mortgage company to review it and fund it. IT all could have been done if everyone would have moved a little faster. But they didn't, so we will have to wait until at least Tuesday. With Monday being a holiday (MLK), the banks and county closed, maybe Tuesday but I think I will be happy with Wednesday. We have waited for 3 months, we can wait a few more days, but we are very disappointed.

We have been working on the house because Don has not been working. The company he works for has no work. He interviewed for a new job last Wednesday. It all went really good and we are praying that he gets that. He would love to work for this company. It is a sales job plus he would need to use his skills in engineering. So he is waiting to hear from them.

Seems that we have been waiting a lot recently. We are not very good at waiting. I guess it is a control thing. When someone else is in control of your life...such as this house thing, or getting a new job. Or even keeping the job you have. Don is not asked to work but others are. there is not enough work for everyone, so the ones that get to work, are the ones that the people that dole out the work think about first. Don does some specialty things and there as been no need for him. Oh well....we have been emptying boxes and made a lot of progress on the house.

Yesterday, I found a quilt that I had bought a couple of years ago. It WAS a oversized King that I decided to use on the twin bed in my sewing room. I have a captains bed (drawer and trundle) and so I cut it to fit the twin mattress and have enough to cover 2 King size pillows and make some curtains. Also, I covered a lamp shade with the quilted fabric...it looks so good...I am very happy with it. Today, I will finish the edges of the quilt and pillows and finish the lamp shade. I do need to find my thread...I have not found the box this is labeled sewing things. Off I go!

More to come...maybe someday...pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment